Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Каким ты был (The Way You...)

Original song was composed by Isak Dunaevsky and is from the Russian color movie "The cosaks from Kuban" (1949), (a Stalin favorit movie about love story in Cuban and a good life in the kolhozs after the war) and was perfomed by Marina Ladinina.

This version was perfomed first time by Sofia Rotaru (София Ротару) for a television New Year show "The most important old songs" (Старые песни о главном) in 2005, the hiperlink is for the 2007 show, for a great song  performed also by Sofia Rotaru.


Каким ты был

Каким ты был, таким остался,
Орёл степной, казак лихой!...
Зачем, зачем ты снова повстречался,
Зачем нарушил мой покой?

Зачем опять в своих утратах
Меня ты хочешь обвинить?
В одном, в одном я только виновата:
Что нету сил тебя забыть.
The Way You Once Were

The way you once were, so you stayed,
Steppe eagle, dashing cossack!...
Why, oh why have you again found me,
Why have you upset my peaceful life?

Why have you again begun
To blame me in your loses?
Of only one, just one thing am I guilty:
Of being unable to forget you.

Свою судьбу с твоей судьбою
Пускай связать я не могла,
Но я жила, жила одним тобою,
Я всю войну тебя ждала.

Ждала, когда наступят сроки,
Когда вернёшься ты домой...
И горьки, горьки мне твои упрёки,
Горячий мой, упрямый мой!

Твоя печаль, твоя обида,
Твои тревоги ни к чему:
Смотри, смотри, душа моя открыта,
Тебе открыта одному.

Но ты взглянуть не догадался,
Умчался вдаль, казак лихой...
Каким ты был, таким ты и остался,
Но ты и дорог мне такой.
I could not allow
My fate to connect with yours,
But I lived, lived for you only.
Through the war I waited only for you.

I waited for the time to come,
When you would return home to me...
With your bitter, bitter reproaches
My hot-blooded, obstinate one!

Your grief is your shame,
Your worries are all for not:
Look, look, my soul is bared open,
Open only to you.

But you didn't think to look,
You galloped off, dashing cossack...
The way you once were, so you stayed,
But you’re dear to me even so.

0 comments :